Friday, March 14, 2008

March Ten 4pm. The intrusion.

I visited Wollongong library today and spent hours reading through the manuscipt. I felt like I was intruding.

The libraries around Wollongong don't have any other sources of material so far... but the manuscript has enough valuable information for the moment.

I wonder why his family came to Australia? How old was Carl?

Today I found a copy of his will which gave me some insight into his family and possessions however it was incredibly illegible, not just due to his handwiritng though. I also found a copy of his death certificate indicating he was quite ill for six months before his death suffering a malignant disease of the liver. He was 69 when he died.

I've made plans to visit his grave site on Wednesday.

I also found multiple dates and survey notes as to his many establishments in the Illawarra. Makes me realise how much the Illawarra owes the man Carl Weber.

No comments: