Friday, March 14, 2008

March 13. Anything I've missed?


I went back through the material I gathered from Wollongong City Library and came across a family tree I hadn't really looked at properly since I found it.

After reading over the strange but wonderful names and family names, I came across a name that was rather familiar!

Carl Ludwig Adalbert Weber is related to Mozart!



In September or 1779 th Weber family left Munich for Vienna, where Constanze Weber married Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart in 1782! Brilliant.

Thank goodness I looked back, or I would have never found out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am really excited reading your blog since Carl's sister whose name is Cecilia is my great grandmother. I have been trying to find more about her parents , my great great grandparents Adelaide and Adalbert. I would appreciate it if you could email me at some time Thanks, Deryck

Sheryl Hayson said...

Thank you for your information Carls sister Cecelia is also my great great grandmother. Can't wait to get over to Aus and search the library for myself. Thankyou for publishing your research.
Sheryl Hayson

Sheryl Hayson said...

Thank you for helping me in my research on my family.Carls Sister Cecelia was my Greargreat grandmother. Cant wait to come to Aus and search the library for myself. Sheryl Hayson

Emma Kucelj said...

Hi Deryk and Sheryl,

Have you two been in contact? There are a couple of others who have emailed me and they may also be your relatives.

If you'd like to get in contact please don't hesitate to send me an email and I'll introduce you.

Emma